Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My little hummingbird feeder

We had never had a hummingbird feeder before. I never really thought about it. Until one day, several months ago, Bobby came home from Wal-mart with one. I thought, "That's really kind of ugly." But he seemed really pleased about his gift for me, so whatever. We hung it up right outside our big kitchen window where I stand to do dishes.

I can not tell you how much I have enjoyed our little feeder. The boys absolutely love it too. They get so excited when the little hummingbirds come around. It has been quite common to see one or two birds feeding there each day.

Yesterday, when I looked out the window, I could not believe how many I saw. They were flying all over the place. After some had flown off and I was able to get a good count, there were 6. I think there must have been about 10 when I first looked out.

Now, I cannot imagine not having a feeder for them. I love it! Thank you Bobby.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I know it's amazing how many of those little birds are out there!! My MIL has two on her back porch and we had one over here. There can be about 6 at a time!! They are fun to watch!!

Lucky Me said...

Hey, It's been awhile since you posted. I was worried you got some of Gustove(sp?). Happy to hear from you. We got a hummingbird feeder this summer too. We just love watching them fight over it. One stands guard on the deck railing and buzzes off any others that come by. It's really fun to watch.

Bella In The Bayou said...

I don't understand why no hummingbirds will come to our feeder! Glad you are having success