Thursday, December 11, 2008

11 years


11 years ago today I rode home from the hospital with my brand new baby boy "stuffed" into his carseat. If I can find the picture I'll post it. We've learned a lot about how to buckle a baby into a carseat since that time.

A couple of days ago he turned 11. He got to spend his birthday having a blast. Playing football in the wind, rain and mud. Those boys were sliding all over the field.

I was wearing a poncho, so that kept my center dry. But from my biceps down to my fingertips and my thighs down to my toes were absolutely drenched. I should have worn my rubber boots!!

The boys did a great job in the weather. They have now won their first 3 all-star games and will be playing the championship Saturday morning.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I can't believe he is 11!! Happy Birthday!

And that game sounded cold!! Brrrr...!! I hope nobody gets sick!!

I am having a fun giveaway over at my blog!! It's really yummy!!

Laura said...

Hey! Congrats on your baby getting old. You know that just means we are getting old too. Oi.