Thursday, December 11, 2008

IT'S SNOWING!!!


My husband woke me up at 4:45 this morning. He said, "I'm sorry to wake you, but there is something you don't see very often." So, I'm thinking that the boys did something really cute in the middle of the night. Then he said, "It's snowing."


I think that is kind of cool, but do I really want to crawl out of bed to squint really hard to see a couple of tiny flakes falling out of the sky. However, we are in Southern Louisiana, so that was enough to get me up.

I couldn't believe what I saw. It is really snowing outside! The meteorologist on our local news just described it as a moderate to heavy snowfall. Here. In the deep south. I think it's been twenty years since I've seen this here.

I immediately wanted to wake my kids. When we first left Kansas they kept asking us when it was going to snow. We had to tell them the sad truth. It doesn't snow here. They were not happy with that news. But today it is snowing, and they were too tired to get out of bed to see it. Hopefully it is still snowing when they do wake. I have the news on waiting to hear of any school closures. I actually hope there is!

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you took and posted a pic of it bc I missed it..the ONE night I sleep like a baby is when I miss the snow! Just knowing it snowed makes it feel a little more like Christmastime.

Carolina girl said...

I promised Katie that I would wake her if it snowed, so we were up at 3:30am playing in it! =)

Laura said...

Crazy!! Can't believe they didn't at least start school late!!

Chris 'n Leah said...

What a LOVELY treasure! I am happy for you and very happy for your hansome boys!

Chris 'n Leah said...

PS- You should freeze as much of it as you can so the kids can play with it latter...just a thought!

Andrea said...

My boys were so excited!! We didn't get out into it until 7 am. It's a nice suprise!!