Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Tag You're It!

Seven Things You May Not Know About Me.

I think it's impossible to find 7 things NO ONE knows about you. Unless you lead a secret double life. So I tried to find 7 things that most people probably don't know.

1. I can't stand to drink after anyone. Not even my husband or kids. I will if I'm desperate but it truly grosses me out. If Bobby wants some of my drink, I take a big swallow to get my fill and then give the rest to him.

2. I am an on-again, off-again flybaby. What does that mean? It means that about 5 or 6 years ago my friend introduced me to Flylady. An online motivator meant to help you keep your house clean. She has specific habits she tries to teach but does not believe in perfectionism. Right now I am off-again. Looking around my house right now though, I really need to get back into her swing of things.

3. I love to dance. I have such a good time singing and dancing around the house with my kids. You should see some of the looks they give me. But I am horrified of the thought of anyone else seeing me. Which is completely opposite from my youth. I used to do Scottish dancing. Kilts, knees socks, hair in the bun, bagpipes, swords on the floor, the whole thing. It was great! I traveled through a lot of the southeastern U.S. competing. Then in high school, I was on the dance team. Get out in the middle of the football field and shake my butt and my pom-poms at the whole crowd. So much fun!

4. I love karaoke. But again, you will never see me do it!

5. When I was little I truly thought my name was Erin Go Braugh. My parents have 6 kids and we were at a store near my grandparent's house one day. It was absolutely pouring rain and my parents said it was time to leave. I was holding a doll I really liked so I hung around a few minutes longer. They all ran out to the vehicle in the rain, jumped in and drove away. They arrived at my grandparent's house and everyone quickly ran inside. After a few minutes someone said, "Where's Erin?" UH-OH. I was still at the store hanging out with the cashiers and the doll. They asked me what my name was. "Erin" "What's your last name?" "Go Braugh" When my parents found me, the cashiers told then I insisted that was my name. "I have a sign over my bed that says it," I insisted. They spent the rest of the afternoon trying to convince me that was not my real last name and I truly did have the same last name as my parents.

6. I am not a very good morning person. I'm much better at being a night owl than at waking up early.

7. One of my favorite toys growing up was my parent's camcorder. When my sister and I got together with our cousins, the show was on. We had beauty pageants, complete with commercial breaks. We made music videos. En Vogue, Color Me Badd. We made a murder mystery "movie". And generally goofed off in front of the camera then made the rest of the family sit around and watch! So much fun!

Now that I have embarrassed myself with this, I tag Jessie and Mom.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Yeah, you definitely hide your show-girl side from us pretty well. I think we need to have us a karaoke/dancing party minus the camcorder, of course. We'll invite all the ladies we love and party fun!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I agree with Laura. And thanks for letting us get to know you a little more. HAHA

Jessica said...

i enjoyed reading this - it is a great start to my day -ha.

Jennifer said...

Sounds like I need to check out that FlyLady thing..although I doubt it would help :-)
Im excited to serve in Primary with you!