Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Let's Race!

64 words

Speed test



So, I tried and I tried. This was the best I could do. I'm pretty impressed with some of the numbers y'all have been achieving.

Then I found Type Racer. It is similar in the fact that you type as fast as you can to improve words per minute, but better. You actually race against other people. Making it more fun and more addictive. You type a paragraph, so they make you correct your mistakes, and use punctuation and Capitalize. Yes, while you are racing.

I thought I was doing pretty well in my races, placing 1st or 2nd frequently. Then suddenly I scored 66 wpm in a race. I then found out that I was bumped up to the mega-racer category. Holy Cow! I consistently placed last. I wanna go back to the slower group where I was doing better. I just can't compete with 137 wpm! I mean really, that's more than 2 words per second.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! You are super fast, the fastest I could do so far is 48 words per minute...your fingers must fly when you type!
Amazing!

Andrea said...

I tried this and I was a 70, I have been practicing, hoping to get faster!! It's harder than you think!!