Thursday, October 16, 2008

Go Gators!


Andrew is in his 3rd year of Recreation Football (tackle, not flag). His team is the Gators, as in the Florida Gators. He has been on the same team all three years (next year he will move up to the older group of boys). The first year they were the Longhorns. But then the coach's son decided that he like the Florida Gators better, so our entire team had to change. Seriously!!

Anyway, since he would be on this team for two years (coach promised he would not change it again) we decided to get the team apparel to support our team. Now, being that we live in Louisiana, most people don't appreciate the fact that we would wear such things!
I have heard comments such as, "Did you get that shirt on Clearance? (with a look of disgust). Is there nothing else you could have worn." and "You need a new shirt!" (again - the look of disgust).

But I wear my shirt with pride! Because I know that I am not supporting the college football team, but instead the group of young boys that we love so much. (Even though it really is a Florida shirt with their logo on it.)

I even had to wear my shirt to Enrichment (because I left the game to go to church). The timing was not good. It was only 2 days before the real Florida Gators would put a beating on the LSU Tigers. Ouch! sad, sad, day Ironically, two days after the college game, my little Gators would play the LSU Tigers. We cheered our boys on to victory as the Tigers suffered a shut-out. sad, but true

In fact our boys have done really well this season. They are 5-0 and have only had one touchdown scored against them all season!

Bobby would like to burn our Florida Gator things when the season is over. I think my friend Angie took offense to that. She said, "It means something to Andrew and to the rest of us"
She's right. Maybe I'll just give my shirt to Andrew. :)

So for the rest of the season I will wear my shirt with pride and say,
"GO GATORS!! GO GATORS!! GO GATORS!!"


2 comments:

Melinda said...

I agree! Go Gators!! For Andrew's team, congrats on doing so well this season!...and for the college team!

Izzy said...

I think you should make him a pillow out of your shirt. Kids live in 'their' world. This is BIG stuff for him, the foundation of a world of sweet memories.