Thursday, October 16, 2008

They call him the Streak

Here he comes, look at that, look at that
There he goes, look at that, look at that
And he ain't wearin' no clothes

Oh, yes, they call him the Streak
Look at that, look at that
Fastest thing on two feet
Look at that, look at that
He's just as proud as he can be
Of his anatomy
He goin' give us a peek

Oh, yes, they call him the Streak
Look at that, look at that
He likes to show off his physique
Look at that, look at that
If there's an audience to be found
He'll be streakin' around
Invitin' public critique

The Streak by Ray Stevens



I was excited to get to go to Enrichment last Thursday. I had to leave
Andrew's ball game early (but they were winning 38-0).
Spencer came with me and headed to nursery. One of our young
women were in there with two other little boys.
We were having a lesson on 72 hr kits (emergency preparedness)
when I saw the speaker turn her head toward the door and let out a
gasp. I looked toward the door and saw a little blond head bobbing
along. When he finally came around the table full of women to where
I could see him, I understood. Spencer was wearing nothing but his
little t-shirt. My sweet little two year old boy was happily (almost
skipping) streaking all of the ladies. He was delighted to be free of the
sitter and his diaper.
Of course the room was full of mostly mothers and grandmothers,
so they all thought it was hilarious. Very entertaining. It was the
highlight of my evening.

I can't say that I am totally surprised. Okay, maybe surprised that he
did it at church. But we are having trouble keeping his clothes on him
at home. The stake president was at my parent's house one night and
Spencer walked into the living room with everyone and started stripping.
He was trying to tell Grandma that he wanted to go swimming. :)


5 comments:

Jessica said...

Ha.Ha. I can totally relate.

Carolina girl said...

That was so funny! Think of all the fun you'll have telling that story to him in the years to come. =)

Izzy said...

I have a picture to prove he wanted to swim that night! He was so cute running around in the buff with floatie arm bands and the swim ring!
Hate to break it to you so late but streaking at age 2 is in his genes. I absolutely refuse to say who.

gwen said...

That was priceless! Glad I got to witness it......... we need a little entertainment like that at every enrichment night!

Gayla said...

That's hilarious! We used to have that Ray Stevens CD and I'd crank that song up nice and loud - we loved it. As far as the 72 hour kits go, I have often thought that if I had those when it was time to evacuate for Rita, it would have taken a lot of stress off.