Sunday, December 9, 2007

Almost Midnight, and Still Lots to Learn



Well, I am going to give blogging a try. I have had a myspace page for several months now and have grown bored with that. I am also hoping to create a sort of journal for myself and a place to ramble about whatever I want to. I have never been very good with journals in the past. Every time I tried to start one I thought I had to list my entire family history before I started writing everyday stuff. That seemed to take too long, so I would give up and forget about it until the next time we had a lesson at church on keeping a journal. Once again after one to two nights of that it was over with. Hopefully this time will be different.

My oldest son turned 10 today! I can't believe a whole decade has gone by since Bobby and I became parents. Boy have we learned A LOT in the last ten years. My son asked me yesterday exactly what time was he born. 12:37 pm. We happened to be at church at that time today. As he was sitting in Primary, he kept turning around, anxiously watching the clock on the wall behind him. The closer the it got to that time, the more excited the look on his sweet face. With three minutes left, I saw him whispering to his friend beside him. At 12:36 and 30 seconds I got up and started walking towards him. I sat down in the chair next to him and said, "It's 12:37, you are officially 10 years old." He was so happy. I love to see that light in his eyes. :)

Yesterday my 8 year old son was baptized. Other than my husband being sick, scrambling at the last minute to get a chorister and pianist lined up and programs ready, forgetting the boys white shirts at home, wild and rowdy kids in the hallway, squirmy little ones during the talks, the air conditioner not working properly and thoughtless family members who could have chosen a more appropriate time to ((***i don't really want to say right now what they did***)) everything went great. My son came up out of the water giggling. He was so happy!! He told his dad while they were changing that it was the best day of his life. That made it all worth it.

Well it's late and I have been on the computer for way too long. I still have a lot of things I want to learn how to do on this blog, so hopefully things will get better. ;)

Goodnight.

No comments: