Monday, December 10, 2007

No Use Crying Over "Spoiled" Milk

So, this weekend was a hectic one. I spent very little time at home, but my sick husband and children did. I'm sure you can imagine what my house looks like this morning. :)

I realized late Saturday night that we were running very low on milk and first thing Sunday morning it was gone.
We try to avoid Wal-Mart (or any shopping) on Sunday unless it is an emergency. I even had to write my 4 yr old nephew a check for his birthday yesterday, because I didn't have time to get one on Saturday. I'm sure he loved that!! lol Nothing more a 4 yr old wants than a piece of paper!
So, I went to a Christmas Party last night and on the way home my husband called me. "I think you need to stop on your way home and get some milk. It will make your day go a lot easier tomorrow." I struggled with that idea for a minute and then thought "He's right. Spencer wants a warm bottle of milk when he wakes up in the morning and I try to avoid going out with 4 small children by myself if at all possible."

I walked through Wal-Mart determined I was only going to leave with milk. It's been weeks since I've been able to roam through Wal-Mart and just look around. It's sort of a stress reliever for me to take that time to myself. But not tonight. I can't do this tonight, just get the milk and get out. So I did.

This morning when my son needed to take some medicine, I asked him to pour himself a cup of milk. "Where's the milk Mom? I don't see it."

"What!"
So I looked in the fridge. I looked in the back fridge. Then I slowly walked to the van where I was sure I would find two gallons of milk sitting on the floor in front of the carseat. Straight into the trash they went. Now I am kicking myself. How dumb was that?!?! I could have just thrown some "cash in the trash" and still have no milk.

I guess that's what I get for shopping on Sunday even though I knew better. I guarantee my refrigerator will be fully stocked next Saturday evening. :)


No comments: