Monday, January 14, 2008

52 Blessings

Hey! I read about the 52 blessings project on another blog and think it is an awesome idea. Here is what I read...

52 Blessings

"Once a week post a photo of something you are most grateful for. This gives us a chance to reflect on the good things we have learned from or that have made us better in our everyday lives or things we just enjoy! I think everyone needs to be more grateful for what they have now days instead of always thinking about what we want! This is one of the things we can do to be more gracious people. It will be like a photo gratitude journal."


Love, love, love this idea. And I am a little late at starting, but that is alright. This is my blog and I can do as I please.

About 5 years ago, a wonderful woman named Rosanne got me started on a gratitude journal. Hers was a JOY journal. I felt the need to be more grateful and count my blessings so I did gratitude. It has been my most successful journal ever!! Now, considering my history with journals that is not saying much, but it really has been good for me. I did really well with it for a while and lately it has been sporadic. That is why I love this idea. Weekly is a much better goal for me than daily and since I am posting it on my blog it will be so fun!
So, Blessing #1

My husband.

He is such a good man. He is loving, kind, family-oriented, honest. He is an awesome dad. Our boys adore him and he adores them. He is so helpful with the kids. He does not "baby-sit" our boys, he takes care of HIS sons. Whenever he goes anywhere (store, etc.) except work, he always brings at least one boy with him. He WANTS to spend time with them. He has always changed diapers and helped with bathing. 90% of the time he has been the one to bring the kids to get their immunizations. Yes, I am scared of needles and can't stand to hear my babies scream during the shots, so he volunteers to bring them.

He is a very friendly person. He is much more outgoing and talkative than I am. He is always wanting to invite people over and I think that has been good for us because I would always be too nervous. He has been in our ward (local congregation) at our church for most of his life. I love it when he talks to the older ladies that he has known forever and he gives them a little kiss on the cheek (He is such a sweetheart).

He is totally committed to me and our boys. No alcohol, tobacco, cursing, he rarely talks bad about anyone. He is an optimist.

No, he is not perfect. He does have his flaws. Most of which I will not list here. He is forgetful and sometimes we have different priorities, but he is definitely a BLESSING in my life.





No comments: