Monday, January 14, 2008

He melts my heart

Well, most of the day today went really good. Then around 5 pm, Spencer got cranky. Really cranky.

Hold me Mommy.
WAAAHHH
No, Don't sit down.
WAAAHHH
I don't know where my pacifier is.
WAAAHHH
Ha, ha. I just spit my cold medicine in your face.
WAAAHHH
Feed me.
WAAAHHH
I don't feel like eating.
WAAAHHH
Put me back in the high chair.
WAAAHHH
Get me out of here.
WAAAHHH

Well, we found his bottle and after some warm milk and talking on the phone to his Daddy he seemed to calm down. I was fixing his brothers' plates for dinner and in walked Spencer. He had the sweetest little smile on his face. You would have never known that this was the same child. He saw that I was getting ready to serve dinner.
He folded his arms, bowed his head and started talking. Of course no one could understand what he was saying, but we knew what he was doing. It is so awesome that this beautiful little one year old can remind us to have a prayer before dinner. He has completely changed my mood and therefore the mood of the whole house. I love my cute little guy!!!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Ha Ha--that poor baby was HUNGRY!!! He knows the drill!