Monday, March 17, 2008

Friend or Foe?

I had a lot to say this morning, so that I wouldn't have one really LONG post, I decided to break it down into several smaller posts. More wrestling.....

I don't know how I went from thinking this other kid's dad (I really need to come up with a name for this kid Andrew wrestles against every week........um........George), so I used to think that George's Dad was such a jerk. The bad call in New Orleans, the fact that he was asking Andrew about his teammates...I just didn't like him. Bobby just listened but told me he wasn't bad. What dad is going to tell the ref to take away points awarded to his son (controversial or not)? Anyway, I now find that I can talk to this man and he is so nice!! We talk about how hard it is to watch the kids and he pats me on the back and says "see ya next week". He is always smiling and seems to really like Andrew, even if Andrew beats his son. I feel so bad now about having hard feelings towards him and walking away from him when he tried to talk to Spencer. :(
Guilt!

The kids are great with each other. They can run around and play, hang out with each other all day, then get out on the mat and give it their all. We see the same kids week after week and Andrew is making some good friends. They are learning wonderful lessons in great sportsmanship.

Andrew is really building quite a fan club at the tournaments. He has been described by older kids as "an animal", "a beast". By other coaches (especially George's Dad) as "very polite", "a good sport", "Tough Guy".

No comments: