Friday, March 14, 2008

Rude Awakening

So it hasn't been the greatest week for us, but I think I've been doing fine with everything. Until last night. After cooking dinner, I got a headache. So, I sat down and decided I was taking the rest of the night off. I didn't clean the kitchen, tidy the living room, make the boys clean their rooms, set out the boys school clothes for the next day...Nothing. I watched 7th Heaven until I started dozing off and climbed into bed at 10 pm.
Monday morning I said I crawled out of bed at 1:30 am. Well at 3:00 this morning, I heard a noise. I jumped out of bed, screamed and ran toward the bathroom. When I reached the door, I turned around and saw it. My husband was puking on the bed. Right where I had been sound asleep just seconds earlier. It was awful. He said he was "so sorry. I didn't know I was going to throw up until it was happening." Well, apparently I knew a split-second before he did because, luckily, I did get out of the way just in the nick of time.
Then I walk into the kitchen and see all the dirty dishes on the counters and the big mess I left in the living room. So I start cleaning. I'm tidying things up and found something that belonged in my son's room and opened the bedroom door to put it away. It stunk in there. Really bad. So I investigate. My son (I won't tell you which one) apparently did not know he had diarrhea. His bottom half and sheets were covered with it. Poor guy! I had a 5 second pity party and cried, then woke him up and told him to take a shower. This is the 2nd time this week we found a son covered in diarrhea. The first mattress is sitting outside by our garbage can. Sunday morning the gruesome discovery was made with another son. How do they not know?
So, I have been up cleaning since 3 am and decided that now at 7:30 am I deserved a break.
What's left to do today? Not much.
Just scrub the bathrooms, mop the floors, go visiting teaching, clean the boys' carpet, make sponsorship signs for the wrestling tournament this weekend (it's our home tournament so at least we don't have to travel!), move my brother's table out of the way because my new table is being delivered today, Bobby's doctor appointment (he still hasn't passed the stone), I promised one son I would take him to the store after school, and let's not forget the three kids I babysit. .................................................................................................................................................................................................................
Just answered the phone. My visiting teaching companion is sick and needs to go to the doctor. She thinks we should reschedule for next week. Yippee! Don't get me wrong, I really like going, the ladies are awesome. But this morning, probably not the best idea.
As soon as I got off the phone, a truck pulled up in my driveway. I told Peyton's grandmother this morning when she dropped him off at 6:30 about the stomach problems in the household. Both of Peyton's parents have been sick most of this week and his grandmother has been picking him up after work and taking him home with her. Well, she said this morning that his parents were feeling better, but not ready to go back to work yet so they would stay home and disinfect everything. So she called his parents and his dad just came and picked him up! He really is a good baby, just not what I need to be dealing with today if they are feeling better.
Looks like I might even find time to eat and take a shower! Maybe I'll even be able to buy a new mattress this weekend!
Well, break time is over. It's back to work.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Goodness Gracious Girl, you need to run away! Wow, next week will be better--you need a break! I'd help if I could but I've been sick today, but I guess in a way I did help since you CANCELED ME!!!! Glad I could do my part.

Andrea said...

Oh my goodness!!! What a crazy day! I hope everyone feels better soon! I have always wondered about how boys function sometimes? I don't get it. I am sorry you had such a bad morning.