Monday, March 17, 2008

Ward Conference - Blessing #10

Yesterday was Ward Conference. Truthfully, I have never really enjoyed ward conference before. But yesterday was different. It was great, even if I had to listen to half of it while sitting in the Primary room. (with my noisy 3 year old)
A man in our ward who I have known since I was 14 bore his testimony. He has a real tough exterior. Stern and gruff with a real hard handshake.
I have heard him bear his testimony before, but I never heard it like this. I don't know if the difference was anything he said or just the way I heard it. He was so tender and sweet. I haven't heard him talk about the Savior and the gospel that way before. I was so thankful that I was there to hear it.
Then, a women's choir sang. And while the singing was beautiful I kept watching the pianist and the chorister. Two beautiful women who I also met when I was 14. They are so gifted with music and have blessed our ward for many, many years. I wondered if there is even anyone in the generation to come who will do as good of a job as these two women have. They are both older women, but still in terrific shape. I found that I was so appreciative of what they do, instead of taking them for granted. I truly saw them for the beautiful talented women they are. Next, we heard from one of my favorite speakers in the stake. (2nd counselor in the stake presidency) He always does a great job. Halfway through his talk is when I had to head to the Primary room. I struggled to listen, through the distractions in the Primary room as our Stake President spoke.What I did get out of ward conference was awesome, and I am honestly looking forward to next year.

5 comments:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I agree it was really good.

Cathleen said...

Hi Erin! I've been lurking on your blog now and then. I thought I would finally say hello. I randomly met Vicki online and have had fun exchanging comments with her, (I'm a safe nut in case you're worried ;0))
I just wanted to say what a week you've had!! Glad to hear it is improving and that you were able to enjoy ward conference. Sometimes that is just what we need when we need it! I think you need a vacation~hope you get some rest soon and that life returns to normal....whatever that may be.

Susan said...

Hi Erin, thanks for your sweet comments about the women's choir at Conference. And you're right, we have Joan (she arranged the music too) and Pat to thank for the lovely result. They are amazing! : )

Andrea said...

I should have come over there on Sunday. I sure miss having a ward! I am glad you ejoyed it.

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

WHERE OH WHERE ARE YOU ERIN?