Monday, May 5, 2008

Celebrating Shawn

I spent the second half of my day helping Shawn with a social studies project. They are learning about time lines and had two weeks to make a timeline about themselves. Two whole weeks. So when did we start? This afternoon when he got off the bus. Good old procrastination!

We finished about 9 o'clock this evening. Shawn couldn't believe how long it took us. And I really shouldn't have procrastinated, because I spent Bobby's birthday camped out on the floor working with Shawn. In the end, we are very pleased with the result and had fun. Shawn got mad at me when I started cutting the pictures. I assured him that these were copies, the originals were still just fine. No way I was sending the originals to school!

Here is our finished project. It measures 12 inches X 36 inches.

7 comments:

Carolina girl said...

What a fun project! You guys did a great job! I like your new template and the picture of you and Bobby.

Lisa said...

That is so cute, I love it when there is a project I get to help with, because usually it is something for Dave to help with.

Chris 'n Leah said...

It is so much fun for children to see themselves grow up on one poster! You did a great job, it is just super.

I also love the picture of you and Bobby at the top of your page, you guys haven't changed a bit. You are a wonderful family!

Andrea said...

That looks great! I love how you did the time line verticle!! I love how he was so concerned for his pictures!!

Julie Church said...

Look at that baby grow. Can you believe he is old enough to create a timeline for? I really like the new layout of your blog...very cute!

Jennifer said...

that's cool..what good mom you are!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Timeline is wonderful...I remember doing those...we usually take a poster, draw a line and make a few comments with a few pictures.....I realize now, I sure hope my kids weren't embarrased with what they had compared to what others had.......haha...oh well. Lesson learned. I loved yours and from here on out if not too late for time lines....do a better job.