Friday, May 2, 2008

Random Thoughts


*I am just weeks away from Spencer being older than any of my other kids were by the time I was pregnant again. WAHOO!!! The older he gets the more convinced and excited I get that this is really the end!

*We are halfway through baseball season! Another WAHOO! I try really hard to like sports for my kids, but let's face it I'd rather be watching a dance show than a ball game. It is exciting when my kids are up to bat though.

*I cannot live without a DVR anymore. I am completely spoiled by it. The DVR records my favorite shows then as I have time like right now while typing the show plays and I skip past all the commercials. I rarely watch a show while it plays anymore or see the commercials.

*My least favorite thing about summer is the sun. I burn easily and so do my kids.

*I have been craving a banana split for the last few days and then remembered that we are supposed to have them at Enrichment next week. I can't wait!

*My digital camera has died. :( I want a new one. Any suggestions? I want one that is quick between pics. I really like the digital Rebel, but it is quite pricey and looks like a lot to lug around. I want something not too big and good value for the money. What camera do you like?

*I am super, super excited that Leah has a blog now!!! Welcome to the blog world.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!! I love your blog. I am so happy to be reconnected to you and your family. Our years in Kansas are very precious to us. Your family is a jewel to us from that time in our lives. It has been fun to look through your blog and see how your family has grown.

You're GREAT!

MaryRuth said...

I have the digital rebel... got it for a good deal ($500)... but it is really big to lug around all the time. I've been sneaking my point and shoot in my purse... as to not hurt the rebel's feelings... but the point and shoot is more quick and handy at times.

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

It seems that everyone in our family has a digital camera...most people have either a small Casio, Kodak or something similar. All take wonderful pictures. My favoite is the old Casio that I have. But all of them don't zoom in like a bigger camera would. I like small but wish wish that we could zoom. And by the way, I loved reading your blog....and catching up.

Andrea said...

Oh i love digital camera shopping!!! One that is an awesome point and shoot is the Cannon. I can't remember which number it is, but it is around 300 dollars. Or you could go with a Digital SLR which are the most awesome of awesome cameras!! But those are 500-700 and you then will get hooked into buying more lenses!! :) But they are way worth it! Well, now that I have written a novel.....I too would rather watch little girls dancing than a ball game!! :)

Susan said...

Hey, I am shopping for a digital camera too. There is nothing wrong w/ my camera...Olympus, 10x zoom, 4 mp, but it doesn't have IS.

My research has led me to 2 models:

1) Canon PowerShot S5 IS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOG32OWZx4E

2) Canon PowerShot SX100 IS
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0708/07082004canonsx100is.asp

Now I just have to decide. Good luck, and tell me what you get! ;)