Friday, May 9, 2008

Hot Shot



My two-year old "baby" got his first haircut this week. Bobby has wanted to get it cut for a year now, but I was finally ready.


So we called Mr. Richard, the man who has cut Bobby's hair since he was 5. He has also given three of our other sons their first haircuts. The kids like Mr. Richard because he always has a huge tub of bubblegum and calls the little ones "Hot Shot".

Well, my little "Hot Shot" was a little squirmy but loved "hamming it up" for the camera, until it was time to go and he was cranky for the "after" picture. He is slowly making the transition from baby to little boy. (sniff, sniff)

5 comments:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Very cute post. I loved and remember like yesterday when we had to cut Sean's precious curls away. I waited along time too before I did. HAHA And this week he got his drivers permit. snif snif...is right.

Andrea said...

Oh my boys go to Mr. Richard too!! I love him!! He is the best barber around!! It's so cool that he gave my kids their first hair cuts too!! It's so sad to see those baby curls go, but in the end you get one fine looking boy!! No longer that baby look! Fun pictures!!

Jessica said...

too cute - he doesn't look like a baby anymore - that's kinda sad.

Chris 'n Leah said...

It is so exciting to see our children grow up and yet there is a sadness that goes with it. He reminds me of Shawn; at least the way I remember him looking. You guys sure have handsome boys. Isn't it funny how one haircut can transform a boy from looking like a baby to a "little man" just like that.
Fun Stuff!

Stacy James said...

Like everyone else, this post reminds me of Perry's first haircut. He had the most beautiful bouncy curls. All the girls at school loved to play with it, which he hated at the time! First haircut, my sister had to take him because I was keeping several children in my home. It took 3 women to hold him still. I still have pictures of that. It broke my heart I couldn't be there. But he was just as precious afterwards.