Thursday, May 22, 2008

Incredible Edibles

Yummy! Yummy! Our first trip to the sno-cone stand this year. Don't you just love it when you promise the kids a special treat after dinner, but don't tell them exactly what it is because you would like it to be a surprise. Some have trouble swallowing their green beans but are semi-willing to do so because they're gonna get something good! So all the kids start coming up with their own ideas of what it could be. "Are we going for ice cream? I know, we are going to Sonic. Hey guys, we're going to Chuck E Cheese."
As we pull out of the driveway, they have convinced themselves that we are going to Chuck E Cheese. So when we pull up at the sno-cone stand we hear cheers, "WaHoo!"
Except for one little boy. One little boy who bursts out crying, "Why aren't we going to Chuck E Cheese???" Oh well, he soon got over it and we had a pretty good time. Even with a rough start.

I forgot how much I like sno-cones! I even got cream on mine, which I haven't done in several years. Yummy! Of course, we had to show off our brightly colored tongues!



3 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

I love nights like that! It looks like you guys had a great time and I love the "colorful" pictures. Sometimes it seems like the simplest things are the things they remember the most.

So, here's to making simple, fun memories!!!

Laura said...

What a great blackmail picture, Erin!!

Andrea said...

You guys are so funny!! I love it!!