Thursday, November 20, 2008

Quote of the Day

Okay, so that none of you think that I can actually play the piano, I will share a story from earlier this week.

I took lessons as a child, but could never play with my left hand. I have tried over the years to teach myself more. I feel like I have gotten okay with my right hand if there aren't very many sharps or flats. I have been trying to include my left hand in a couple of songs. I can even play a couple of hymns in the simplified version.

This Saturday is the Primary Talent Show and Sis. Morris really wanted some of the teachers and leaders to participate somehow. Brian has had 3 lessons now and wants to play one of the songs that he has learned. I thought he was being incredibly brave and maybe I should try a song also. I started practicing a song this week. I feel like I am doing pretty good with the right hand only. When I include the left it goes slower and with more mistakes, but I am improving everyday. Really I am.

A couple of days ago I was practicing when the kids got home from school. My niece walked in a listened to me for about a minute and said, "I feel like somebody died!"

It couldn't have been that bad!! Could it?

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Oh that is funny! I bet it sounds fine. I am like you, I can do the right hand, but for some reason when the left hand gets involved it gets all messed up. Sigh...

It's so good that you are practicing. Tomorrow is the big day!!! TWILIGHT!!