Monday, November 17, 2008

What a great idea!

Yesterday we were late for church. Again.

It seems like the last month we have been about 15-20 minutes late every Sunday. Since Bobby has been working a lot of Sundays and Spencer will never sit through an entire Sacrament Meeting, we have headed straight to the Primary Room to turn on the speakers and listen from there.

Let me just say that we go to the Primary Room because if we walk in late, we are very disruptive (in my opinion) if we walk into the chapel and find seats. Only to have Spencer start fussing 15-20 minutes later when we have to file back out and disrupt those around us again. You see if we were on time, we would only have to be disruptive once. :) Until the day when Spencer surprises us all and decides to sit through an entire Sacrament Meeting.

Yesterday, as we pulled into the parking lot, Shawn asked me (with a slight tone of disappointment), "Are we going to the Primary Room? Again?"

"Well. We should go to the chapel. But we are late. Again."

Suddenly his face lights up. He has a great idea. You could almost see the lightbulb on top of his head. "Next week we should hurry! We could get ready faster."

I almost laughed. What an awesome idea! I wonder why I didn't think of that! ;]

****A few weeks ago when we were late, I decided to let the older boys go into the chapel without me. I told them they could go sit with Paw-Paw. IF there was room. They walked into the chapel and didn't come back out so I assumed there was plenty of room next to Paw-Paw. Next thing I know Aunt Shannon comes out of the chapel with her two youngest to bring them to the bathroom. But then I noticed that she didn't return to the chapel. She stayed out in the hall with us.
I decided to peek into the chapel to make sure my boys were behaving. That's when I saw that there was no room for Aunt Shannon to sit by her other kids! When I told my boys that they could sit by Paw-Paw IF there was room, they must have squeeeezed everyone into that row until Aunt Shannon lost her seat! Oops! Sorry Aunt Shannon!!

2 comments:

Chris 'n Leah said...

Shawn is just plain BRILLIANT! What a cute litte guy. Good luck with the getting to church early. I think that the more children we have the harder it is to get out the door when we are suppose to.

A small price to pay for the blessing of family.

Andrea said...

What a great idea!!

We are always late too. I had to speak two weeks ago and I was 25 minutes late to that meeting. Sigh...My computer wouldn't print out my talk so I had to hand write it.