Monday, November 17, 2008

Thankful Hearts

Bro. Dunn, our Stake High Councilman, spoke yesterday about having more gratitude. After hearing his talk I was inspired to join in with listing things I am thankful for each day this month. I am a little behind, so I'll do 2 or 3 a day.

#1- I am so thankful for my husband. Right now I can hear the chainsaw as he is outside cutting down trees so that we can have firewood this winter. I'm so excited, I can't wait to start using the fireplace this year!

#2 - I am so thankful for a neighbor who wanted his trees cut down and said we could have the wood if Bobby did the work!

#3 - I am thankful that Andrew has a great Webelos den leader. Andrew has 3 weeks left to finish working on his Arrow of Light, the highest award given to a cub scout. I am thankful that Bro. Anderson is willing to work with us to make sure Andrew finishes in time.

2 comments:

Carolina girl said...

I love a fire in the fireplace. I so wish we had a fireplace. It reminds me of my childhood. We always had a fire in the winter, and even went out as a family to gather firewood. It just makes a home nice and cozy. Good memories.=)

Chris 'n Leah said...

What a great idea! I heard someone say on the radio the other day they did a study on terminally ill people and half kept a gratetude journal and half did not. The half who kept the journal were happier and had a better rate of recovery and less depression than those who didn't. Cool hu?