Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Ronald Reagan for President!!

The 1984 Presidential Campaign - I was 7 years old and in the second grade. I remember how exciting it was to "vote" at our school for the President of the United States. Ronald Reagan was our current president and everyone seemed to love him. He definitely won the vote at our school and so I was thrilled to find out that we were right! Even secretly wondering in my 7 year old head if we had influenced the real vote!

Three of my boys came home from school Monday with "I VOTED!" stickers. They were so excited they got to vote for John McCain. And "HE WON!" I listened to my 7 year old second grader and remembered how I felt back then. It was almost magical. Too bad, McCain didn't win. I wonder how he feels about that.

I am happy that my state chose McCain. We did what we could. Now we have to live with the rest of the nation's decision and vote again in another four years. But what's done is done. I am glad I have until January to get used to the idea. :)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I am not sure I will get used to the idea?? Maybe I will take a vaction to Canada for four years!! LOL!!

Hope all the kidos are feeling better, mine are sickos too!!

Laura said...

You are too nice. I'm with Andrea--I'm trying to figure out where to move!

Bella In The Bayou said...

I have a list of people who did not vote and I am blaming them for the outcome. I hope I don't hear them complain about the state of the nation. Well over here I've banned the name. We don't say it, I don't want to hear it. Yes Canada is sounding good. But it's a little far to be hauling all my food storage. But I have a friend who is moving 100 miles from Canada. Sounds like a road trip :) Then again my cousin has a horse farm. Hummmmm maybe a little email is in order.